Norway Market Research
The Eldfisk field is located in Norway block 2/7. It lies at water depth of 70-75 meters and is southwest of Stavanger. It was discovered in 1970. It is situated in the oldest Ekofisk field complex of the Norwegian North Sea.
Eldfisk field produce crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids. It is a high quality product with API of 37.3 degrees and is sweet due to low sulphur content. The estimated remaining recoverable reserves of the field are 290.85 Billion barrels of oil equivalent.
The field is operated by Conoco Phillips Skandinavia AS (35.11%). The remaining equity partners are Eni Norge AS, Statoil Petroleum AS, Petoro AS and Total E&P Norge AS.
Eldfisk has produced about 579 million barrels of crude oil, 1.36 TCF of natural gas and about 27 million barrels of natural gas liquids till 2009. The field produced 17.98 million barrels of crude oil, 17,327 MMCF of natural gas and 0.39 million barrels of natural gas liquids in the year 2009. The estimated field life is till 2026.The peak production was around 36.95 million barrels of oil and 1.08 million barrels of natural gas liquids in 1980. The natural gas production reached its peak production in 1988 with 80,293 MMCF of natural gas.
The Eldfisk field is expected to generate gross revenues of $26.02 Billion during its remaining life (starting 1/1/2010) and is expected to yield an IRR of around 11.33%.
- The report provides detailed information on oil and gas production, infrastructure, reserves, geology, operator and equity partners and the latest fiscal terms applicable to the asset and provides its fair value (Remaining Net Present Value) based on remaining reserves, forecast production, capital and operational costs, fiscal regime and commodity prices.
- The report also provides additional valuation parameters like Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Profitability Index (PI), Pay Back (discounted and undiscounted), Entitlement Production (EP) and Working Interest (WI) to enhance your decision making process.
- This report provides detailed sensitivity analysis of the remaining NPV with changes in the commodity prices, discount rate, production and key fiscal terms.
- Detailed cash flows over the life of the asset are included in the report. These cash flows cover a wide range of calculations related to various payments to the government/licensing authority.
- Interactive Excel models can be used to derive custom valuations, sensitivities and cash flows based on the specific inputs by the user in the model. These custom inputs vary from production data, cost information, price information and fiscal terms information.
- Make well informed investment decisions based on detailed operational analysis and cash flow forecasts
- Estimate the fair value of your future investment under different economic and fiscal conditions
- Value a prospective investment target through a comprehensive analysis using focused forecasting and valuation methodologies.
- Supporting interactive excel model will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner
- Evaluate how the changes in the country’s fiscal policies impact the cash flows and the present value of the asset
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 3
1.2 List of Figures 3
2 Eldfisk, Norway, Introduction 4
3 Eldfisk, Norway, Geology and Formations 6
4 Eldfisk, Norway, Equity Partners 8
5 Eldfisk, Norway, Crude Oil Reserves 9
6 Eldfisk, Norway, Key Fiscal Terms 9
6.1 Royalty 9
6.2 Fees 9
6.3 Special Petroleum Tax 9
6.4 Taxation 9
6.5 Carbondioxide Tax 9
6.6 Deductions and Depreciation 10
7 Eldfisk, Norway, Infrastructure 11
7.1 Upstream Infrastructure 11
7.2 Midstream Infrastructure 11
8 Eldfisk, Norway, Development Plan 12
9 Eldfisk, Norway, Crude Oil Production 13
10 Eldfisk, Norway, Field Economics 17
10.1 Eldfisk, Economic Assumptions 17
10.1.1 Forecast Commodity Prices 17
10.1.2 Inflation 17
10.1.3 Discount Rate and Representation of Cash Flows 17
10.1.4 Sensitivity 17
10.1.5 Access to the Economic Model 17
10.2 Eldfisk, Norway, Cash Flow Analysis 18
10.3 Eldfisk, Norway,, Remaining PV Sensitivity Analysis 19
10.3.1 Remaining NPV Sensitivity to Discount Rates 19
10.3.2 Remaining NPV Sensitivity to Change in Commodity Prices and Production 20
10.3.3 Remaining NPV Sensitivity to Special Petroleum Tax and Production Rate 21
11 Eldfisk, Norway, Summary Cash Flows 22
11.1 Eldfisk, Norway, Front End Load Due To Fiscal Policy 23
11.2 Eldfisk, Norway, Tax Liability 25
12 Appendix 26
12.1 Methodology 26
12.2 Coverage 26
12.3 Secondary Research 26
12.4 Primary Research 26
12.5 E&PForecasts 27
12.6 CapitalCosts 27
12.7 Exploration and Appraisal (E&A) Costs 27
12.8 Operating Costs 27
12.9 Expert Panel Validation 28
12.10 About GlobalData
12.11 Contact Us
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Eldfisk, Norway, Key Asset Data, 2010 4
Table 2: Eldfisk, Norway, Field Reserves, January 2010 9
Table 3: Eldfisk, Norway, Historic and Forecast Production, Thousand Barrels, 1979-2026 15
Table 4: Eldfisk, Norway, Commodity Price Assumptions, 2010-2025 17
Table 5: Eldfisk, Norway, Commodity Price Assumptions, 2010-2025 17
Table 6: Eldfisk, Norway, Project Analysis Metrics, 2010 18
Table 7: Eldfisk, Norway, Remaining PV Sensitivity Analysis Over Discount Rate Vs. Commodity Price Change, in Million Dollars 19
Table 8: Eldfisk, Norway, Remaining PV Sensitivity Analysis over Commodity Price Change Vs Production Rate, in Million Dollars 20
Table 9: Eldfisk, Norway, Remaining PV Sensitivity Analysis at 10% Discount Rate over Special Petroleum Tax Change Vs Production Rate, in Million Dollars 21
Table 10: Eldfisk, Norway, Asset Summary Cash Flows, 000’$, 1975-2026 22
Table 11: Eldfisk, Norway, Front End Load, 000’$, 1979-2026 23
Table 12: Eldfisk, Norway, Tax Liability Estimations, 000’$,1979-2026 25
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: Eldfisk, Norway, Location of Eldfisk in Ekofisk Area 5
Figure 2: Eldfisk, Norway, Geology Formations 6
Figure 3: Eldfisk, Norway, Geology Formations 7
Figure 4: Eldfisk, Norway, Current Equity Details, 2010 8
Figure 5: Eldfisk, Norway, Infrastructure Block Diagram 11
Figure 6: Eldfisk, Norway, Crude Oil, Historic Production and Forecast, 1979-2026 13
Figure 7: Eldfisk, Norway, Natural Gas, Historic Production and Forecast, 1979-2025 13
Figure 8: Eldfisk, Norway, Natural Gas Liquids, Historic Production and Forecast, 1979-2013 15
Figure 9: Eldfisk, Norway, Gross Revenue Versus Tax Cash Flow Analysis, 1979-2026 18
Figure 10: Eldfisk, Norway, Remaining PV Sensitivity Analysis Over Discount Rate Vs. Commodity Price Change, in Million Dollars 19
Figure 11: Eldfisk, Norway, Remaining PV Sensitivity Analysis over Change in Production Vs. Commodity Price Change, in Million Dollars 20
Figure 12: Eldfisk, Norway, Remaining PV Sensitivity Analysis Over Special Petroleum Tax Change Vs. Production Rate, in Million Dollars 21